Thursday, March 20, 2014

WHAT TO DO NEXT?

The top of my knee rug is finished. It's far from perfect and I'm happy about that. This was made up from things I looked at on-line and liked and from some things in my head. There was no pattern and I was not careful enough about making each block the same size so it's definitely skew whiff. Now that it's all together I can see things I could have done better. That's OK too because this is for me and it's a whole big learning curve. Plus there is no way I am going to unpick hand stitching. I'm hoping the quilting will disguise some of the imperfections. This is really a memory quilt of our trip to Hawaii last year. We stopped for lunch at Waimea and accidentally walked past a quilt shop. I could not pass up the opportunity to accidentally walk in. There was no way I was walking out without buying some fabric to remember this day.

I'm putting it away until I am able to go shopping in a city because I need backing fabric and batting. Next job is to work on the top for our other D-I-L

One thing about this addiction to quilting.... I don't have time to eat and when I do I don't waste time snacking because then I'd need to wash my hands.

Maybe I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow. I've been getting up between 5 and 6 am eager to get started again.

Now I can catch up with reading blogs too. Happy Days!

9 comments:

  1. I think that is very clever! I have a hand stitched quilt here that was given to us when Fletcher was born - also my friend's mother hand stitches all her quilts. I wouldn't have a clue where to start on one of these!! As you say though, great way to keep you busy and not eat :)

    Nice to have an update from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such rich and vibrant colors and designs... very "Hawaiian". Your new quilting addiction reminds me of something I read years ago from Dr Phil. He said to find a hobby or activity that was "incompatible with eating". Bingo... you did that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours on the quilt..., and like Lynda said nice to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping in to say Hi, and hope all is well with you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt top is beautiful!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Friend. Missing you... hope all is well and you are a busy bee with quilting.
    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt top and a wonderful way to remember your Hawaiian holiday. I like that it's a bit skew whiff, hand made things have character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely little quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete